The real-world testing on the Fathom MK III CCR has been uniquely rigorous. Fathom CCRs were used on the 16.5-hour world-record (26,930 ft/8,208 m penetration) dive at Cathedral Canyon as well as numerous 10 to 14-hour dives at Manatee, M2, and Lineater. Some of the more notable dives on the Fathom CCR, which demonstrate its depth capability, were exploration dives exceeding 400 ffw/121 mfw in Weeki Wachee Springs.
While it has certainly proven itself on big dives, the Fathom CCR is smaller and lighter than many units, which coupled with its simplicity makes it ideal for the traveling diver.
NOTE: Training is required to purchase. Please contact one of the FATHOM CCR instructors at https://www.fathomdive.com/training/
• 7 in (178 mm) dia. x 16 in (406 mm) tall
• 30.2 lb (13.7 kg) without cylinders or scrubber material
• No batteries inside head eliminates the possibility of toxic chemicals in breathing loop
• Fully potted and submersible head eliminates the possibility of corrosion on sensitive life‐support equipment
• Splitter/isolation board allows two devices to monitor oxygen sensors
• Hardwired leads and coaxial SMB connectors on oxygen sensors eliminate multiple connections and fragile Molex connectors.
• Minimal head space reduces static loop volume
• Oxygen addition on exhaust side of head insures proper gas mixing in scrubber before it reaches sensors and diver
• Diluent addition on inhale side over #1 sensor face for instant cell verification against a known gas
• Backmounted counterlungs provide excellent work of breathing (WOB) in all positions while keeping frontal area free of clutter for stage bottle mounting and minimizing diver’s profile.
• Counterlungs can be removed without removing backplate to facilitate loop cleaning between dives
• Low profile T-pieces with stretch (front) and rigid (back) breathing hoses
• Shrimp DSV with quick disconnect bayonets allow for easy cleaning and inspection of one-way valves
› Optional Shrimp BOV allows for rapid bailout without removing mouthpiece
• Kent Tooling 316 SS onboard cylinder mounts are low profile and incredibly secure
• Kent Tooling 316 SS STA backplate mount
• 5 lb (2.3 kg) or 8.8 lb (4 kg) radial scrubber
• Inside to out radial flow for maximum efficiency
• Black Amalgon canister insulates scrubber 400 times better than aluminum
• Built in water trap with chammies to absorb condensation
• Latchless head, canister and bottom streamlines profile and eliminates broken latches
Oxygen MAV/Needle Valve
• Needle valve incorporates the simplicity of a constant mass flow (CMF) orifice without the IP adjustment issues or the risk of blockage from debris.
• 316 SS Swagelok needle valve for precise flow
• Fully recessed manual oxygen addition button prevents unwanted oxygen addition
• Non depth compensated Apeks DS4 1st stage with stronger spring allows for adjustment from 200-290 psi (14-20 bar) IP for 400-600 fsw (122-183 msw) maximum depth.
• Fully recessed manual diluent addition button prevents unwanted gas addition
• Female QC-6 plugs into offboard bailout/diluent
• Bypass port routes gas directly to BOV or ADV
• NEW and improved HUD provides reliable secondary PO2 monitor
› Reversible display
› Automatic brightness adjustment
› Voltage indication on start-up
› Visual alarm feature
• NEW Shearwater Petrel 3 primary display
• Optional Shearwater NERD 2 replaces Petrel 3 as primary display
FATHOM Mk III CCR Spec Sheet
pdf | 160.06 KB | View online | Download
Last updated: October 30, 2022
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.